The Department was established in the year 1986. The department aims to provide quality
education in Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology with under-graduate
and post-graduate programmes. The Department offers an healthy atmosphere for
students to build their talents in the respective advanced areas of Computer Science,
Engineering and Technology.
The Department has dedicated, highly qualified and experienced faculties who are committed to excellence. They are constantly striving to bring creative and innovative methods of teaching to produce quality products. The department conducts various seminars and workshops for students and staff. The department is conducting various value added programs such as workshops, guest lectures and seminars from eminent professors and industry experts, for constant knowledge up-gradation of staff and students. These activities help to explore the cutting edge technologies, which keep our students and staff in touch with latest developments in the field of information technology.
The department has two main computer centers which is well-equipped. There are 200 computers of advanced configuration out of these 120 computers are provided with 16 Mbps dedicated Internet Connection.
"To be a centre of excellence in Education and Research in the
field of Computer Science and Engineering by empowering the students
to be highly competent, technologically proficient, self motivated,
innovative professionals, entrepreneurs and responsible global citizens
possessing human values to meet the global challenges."
M1: To impart the students with strong fundamental concepts, analytical capability,
problem-solving skills, thereby enhancing the employability skills required for
M2: To provide a conducive teaching-learning, research environment through faculty training, self learning and sound academic practices to carry out research with reputed research institutes and industries.
M3: To train the students to become the most sought after professionals by providing them the opportunities to promote organizational and leadership skills in students through various extracurricular and co-curricular events.
M4: To inculcate the qualities of leadership and entrepreneurship with good human values and professional ethics to become good citizens and serve the society.
PEO1: Graduates shall excel essential skills by acquiring knowledge in Basic Sciences and Computer Science and Engineering principles to adapt to emerging technologies and environment to solve real world problems by engaging in life-long learning.
PEO2: To inculcate ability in creativity and design of computer support systems and impart knowledge and skills for analyze, design and implement software applications for pursuing studies & research.
PEO3: To exhibit leadership capability, triggering social and spiritual commitment and inculcate community services and protect environment.
PSO1: Apply the principles of basic Engineering Science and acquire the hardware and
software aspects of Computer Science and Engineering.
PSO2: Ability to design and develop applications using various software and hardware tools to solve real world problems.
PSO3: Exhibit the practical competence using broad range of programming languages.
Computer Science and Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development. 8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Computer Graphics & Visualization Lab and Unix System Programming & Compiler Design Lab
Computer Networks Lab and Web Programming Lab
Data Structures Lab and Design & Analysis of Algorithms Lab
Data Structures Lab and Design & Analysis of Algorithms Lab
Electronic Circuits & Logic Design Lab and Microprocessors Lab